Friday, February 13, 2009

Crystals and Arthritis

An interesting thing happened to me the other day. Completely out of the blue, my daughters Music teacher started talking to me about how they were having a discussion about chakras in Music class. My daughter is 9 and surprised her teacher when she started talking about chakras and telling everyone about what I do. One thing lead to another and the Music teacher asked me about crystals for Arthritis. We did not have much time to chat, but it did give me the idea to write about crystals and arthritis this week.

Crystal and Color therapy is a non-invasive, safe approach to treating arthritis symptoms.
It is safe to use with conventional treatment and medications you may be currently receiving. It is not intended to replace your treatment prescribed by your doctor, but to compliment it.

Many arthritis sufferers know all to well how bothering the different symptoms can be. Tender, swollen joints, stiffness and pain are just a few of the symptoms we suffer from. Sometimes one symptom can lead to something else, such as Arthritis in the neck giving you a nasty headache. Some days our symptoms can be lingering on and other days down right debilitating.

I was diagnosed at 18 with osteoarthritis in both of my knees. I have had 4 surgeries, lived through the recent scare of prescription drugs used for arthritis, and lost weight. I have tried different medications, but only got tired of the drowsy, constipating effect that really only brought a few hours of relief. This brought about an idea last summer of making a patch or small doily that would have crystals for arthritic symptoms. Now when I have a bad day I tape my patch on my knee and sit quietly, usually for about 30 minutes, and then I forget I have it taped on my knee and get up and go about my day. Sometimes I remember I have it taped on, other times I forget because it is so comfortable.

I made a patch for my 82 year old grandmother, hoping she would try it for her arthritis, which she is riddled with. I gave it to her when she came for her last visit. She propped it up beside her bed, seeing that it is difficult for her to tape it to the back of her neck. For her entire visit she did not have any problems with her neck, or arthritis. Now she swears by it and keeps it by her bedside.

I’ve even managed to get my husband to wear my patch on his neck. He is a very good sport, and even though he does not announce his relief, I can see it in his facial expressions and the way he holds his head. I can always tell when it has worked for him.

Well, enough about all that. I want to show the Arthritis Patch and a custom order I had for a Knuckle Band. Since I made these I have expanded on my library (and beads). I have found additional crystals which can also be used for arthritis. These include Malachite, Lepidolite, Blue Jade, Blue Chalcedony, Copper, and Blue Opal. The crystals I used in the Arthritis Patch and Knuckle band were the crystals I had on hand. I hope to incorporate more specific stones in future pieces.

The color yellow relates to the nervous and immune system, systems which are often attacked by arthritis. Yellow provides a warm and stimulating effect, relieving the stiffness and pain of arthritis and rheumatism. Yellow is also energizing, giving us the extra boost we need when feeling drug down by the various symptoms.

The Arthritis Relief Patch comes with 4 different crystals, each offering their own healing energies. When combined, these 4 crystals offer a powerful effective yet wonderfully soothing relief for your symptoms. These 4 crystals include Amethyst, Blue Lace Agate, Fluorite, and Carnelian.

Amethyst reduces swelling and relieves physical, emotional and psychological pain.

Blue Lace Agate provides a soft energy which is cooling and calming, and will neutralize inflammation and fevers.

Fluorite cleanses, purifies and dispels anything within the body that is not in perfect order. Dissolving adhesions and mobilizing joints, Fluorite alleviates arthritis, rheumatism and spinal injuries. It also draws off negative energy and stress. Fluorite is seen as the larger purple bead with swirls and lines of other colors.

Carnelian restores vitality, helping to overcome arthritis and rheumatism. It also regulates bodily fluids, reducing the chances of fluid build up in joints. Carnelian is orange in color.

To use this patch, simply place near or tape over the joint which is sore and tender for a minimum of 20 minutes. The combined energy from the crystals will bring about the much needed relief.

If you have any questions about a specific symptom and which crystal to use, please do not hesitate to contact me. I also welcome inquiries into various shapes of arthritis patches, and can work with you to make something that is suited for your symptoms.

7 comments:

  1. I am an amateur jewelry artist and am attempting to make my mother, who has arthritis in her ring and pinky finger, a pair of rings to wear. Do the crystals need to make direct contact with the body? and if they are placed near the effected area will they still do good? I would love your advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I don't know quite how to put it.

      But the universe has just gifted this to you

      [Download it at no cost over here.]

      It's simple magical. You'll learn...

      - How to use the divine powers of the Universe for miraculous
      healing in minutes. This was how a man survived a near-fatal
      heart attack, nursed himself back to full health, and never
      had another incident again!

      - The little known secrets to finding true peace and bliss
      in your life (Hollywood celebrity and actress Gwyneth Paltrow
      kept her life together when she was going through her horrible
      divorce with these secrets...)

      - The quickest, easiest way to combat fatigue and getting your
      energy back at any time of the day. This all-natural healing
      method takes just 15 minutes, yet has been proven to boost
      your energy levels by up to 215%!

      - And much more...

      [Learn the secrets of the universe for free here.]

      Yours Truly,
      Ana

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful way to use crystals for healing!!!

    ReplyDelete